Thursday, November 5, 2009

Boo Boos and Monsters Under the Bed...

Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night, ready to cry ‘Mommy’ and scared shitless?? And worst of all - u don’t even know what you dreamt!!! Come on.. don’t you laugh at me and call me ‘baby’. I’m sure you’ve felt the same some time.

Anyway. Was Googleing “Nightmares” (I like how google is no more a mere website, but a full fledged word – ‘go google this or I googled that’.. ) and I happen to fall upon the following:


A nightmare is an unpleasant dream. Nightmares cause strong unpleasant emotional responses from the sleeper, typically fear or horror. The dream may contain situation(s) of danger, discomfort, psychological or physical distress.



The image attached was also in reference to my “extensive research”. (that’s nothing like the nightmare I had, but then that is Wikipedia.)

But honestly, physical distress??? That’s ALL you can say? I was shitting bricks for God’s sake!! Maybe it did not help that I had just seen The Orphan the night before. (if you have not seen it, I double dare you. See it alone on a big screen and then we will talk. Before that – no comments from you!!! )


So im in the middle of this wonderful slumber, fully aware that I have work in the morning (therefore the delicate a state of mind J ) and although I don’t remember what freaked me out, but I could somehow see myself running from something; full out of body experience types. At this point, I’m completely aware that I’m having a bad dream (or at least I want it to be) and I’m coaxing myself to wake up… to no avail. I try for quite some time, and then a blood curdling scream escapes my throat. Except that I can’t hear it. (Very very melodramatic I must say.) But honestly, an ant could have screamed louder than what I did; but the sound does not leave your damn throat as if someone clicked mute. And when you finally do break out of the frigging experience, it does not help if ur room mate is sitting up in the pitch dark room, staring at the wall as if the ghost from The Grudge is about to come out from there (Yaaaa. He does that very often. Just gets up in his Trance like state, sits for a few moments and than goes back to sleep – and he is in complete denial of his behaviour)


Im told that your dreams are supposed to be a manifestation of the thoughts that have been on your mind all day long. I wonder what I was thinking of – ‘cos monsters and tentacled creatures are definitely not swarming my everyday life. (unless it has some association with my job… hmm…. that’s an angle I had not thought about earlier. Answers a lot of questions!!!). In any case, the next time you see yourself running from shadowed monsters – kick yourself where it hurts the most, and just wake your sorry ass up. No matter how bad it seems, i just cant justify pissing my pants at this age!!!




3 comments:

  1. Good post...
    I guess dreams are scaring, mysterious as well as interesting

    Check out some of my dreams at http://yogeshwarkumar.blogspot.com/2009/01/dreamers-dimensions.html

    btw, They say even "The ring" is a deadly movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. plus varun will beat the shit outta u if u wet ur bed... added incentive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try seeing PARANORMAL ACTIVITY... n then let me know, if you googled that too :)

    ReplyDelete